This training introduces student data folders as a strategy for engaging learners in monitoring and improving their own results, as well as involving their families as partners in the learning process.
Student Data Folders & Student-Led Conferences
Purpose: To learn what it takes to implement student information systems capable of supporting student-led conferences as critical components in improving classroom and student learning results
Participants can expect to leave with:
- A clear understanding of the role student information systems and student-led conferences play in classroom learning systems and school improvement initiatives.
- Strategies for managing student information systems.
- Ideas for managing student-led conferences.
- A plan for implementing student information systems and student-led conferences.
Classroom teachers, building-level administrators, instructional facilitators/coaches
Successful completion of the Classroom Continuous Improvement and Teacher and Student Partnership trainings is highly recommended
Required Materials for Participants:
- A Guide to Student Data Folders and Student-Led Conferences
Additional Materials That Should Be Considered to Support Participant Learning:
- JSA Student and Parent Guides and Systems Checks